Assessment services for children and adolescents are offered to answer specific diagnostic questions or to gain greater understanding of their functioning. We utilize psycho-educational testing when a child or adolescent is experiencing academic and/or behavioral problems. Testing focuses on the youth’s intellectual and learning capabilities, as well as his/her behavioral and emotional functioning. The assessment can determine the presence of learning disabilities or other problems that may be compromising academic achievement and can provide solutions for resolving them as well.
Frequently asked questions prior to an evaluation include:
- Why is my student struggling in school?
- What is preventing by child from learning to read as well as classmates?
- What can we do to help my child follow directions better?
- Why is my child expressing frustration with schoolwork?
- What can I do to help my child make friends more easily?
- What can we do to help my child concentrate better?
- Should my child repeat a grade?
- What school or learning environment best fits my child’s needs?