Ministering to Couples in Conflict:
A workshop for pastors and ministry leaders
Friday, November 9th
While all couples experience times of disagreement, many are able to resolve differences and grow stronger. But for some, conflict destroys unity and results in distance, discouragement, deep hurt, and sometimes divorce. Why is this? And how can pastors help when couples in distress seek their guidance? This workshop is designed to address these two questions.
Brent Stenberg, Ph.D. and Leila Todd, LPC of Christian Psychological Center will lead this workshop. Both have specialized through the years in providing counseling for couples in distress, and training and consultation for ministry leaders who are involved in providing pastoral care for members of their congregations.
The workshop will focus on:
- A Biblical understanding of sources of conflict and why it occurs
- The opportunities and challenges when ministering to couples in conflict
- Identifying constructive and destructive patterns when conflict occurs
- A roadmap for guiding couples in dealing with and resolving conflict
- Helping couples rebuild trust and connection when they have been damaged by conflict
- The role of forgiveness in making peace with the past and setting future direction
- Practical principles for navigating future conflict constructively
Date and time: Friday, November 9th – 9:00 – 3:00 (Check-in from 8:30)
Location: Second Presbyterian Church, 4055 Poplar Ave. Room 310
Cost: $95 (includes lunch and workshop materials) See PayPal link below to make payment.
Scholarships: Scholarships are available for any pastor with financial need. Please e-mail Dr. Stenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901.458.6291.
After registering, pay on-line through the following secure PayPal link or you may mail a check payable to Christian Psychological Center, 3950 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111:
If you are in financial need, please contact Dr. Brent Stenberg at email@example.com or 901.458.6291
Please register no later than November 5